Sony Electronics has launched a new URX-P41D two-channel portable receiver, supporting MI (Multi Interface) shoe with Digital Audio Interface.
The URX-P41D, boasts all the key features included in the 4th Generation UWP-D Series, such as improved high sound quality from Digital Audio Processing, NFC Sync for quick and easy set-up from Receiver to Transmitter and functions such as Auto Gain mode and Output level control, making the job of recording sound even easier.
As part of the market leading UWP-D Series, the URX-P41D will work with all UWP-D transmitters (backwards compatible with previous generations) and will be available as a stand-alone receiver and as part of a new kit, the UWP-D27, which will include two UTX-B40 Bodypack Transmitters.
The URX-P41D is ideal for many users ranging from broadcast and news productions, to run and gun style interviews, or documentaries and series productions, using Sony’s XDCAM camcorders, Alpha interchangeable lens cameras and select Cinema Line cameras1.
Key new features include:
1. Digital audio interface to improve sound quality
- Sony’s Digital Audio Processing, which uses DSP (digital signal processing) for digital companding, improves sound quality by optimizing a time-constant range between the transmitter and receiver, making the reproduction of sound more accurate. It provides superb transient response performance which for enables clear and crisp audio for interview style recording.
- Using the SMAD-P5 MI shoe adaptor enables direct digital audio recording and delivers high sound quality with low noise by skipping the D/A and A/D process. This interface is compatible with a wide range of Sony’s XDCAM camcorders, Alpha interchangeable lens cameras and Cinema Line cameras. It also integrates seamlessly with Sony’s camcorders and displays audio information on the viewfinder for enhanced usability in the field.
2. “NFC SYNC” function to allow quick and easy channel setting
- Simple and quick channel setting for reliable RF transmission when time pressure is high is becoming crucial. Delivering enhanced usability, the unique “NFC SYNC” feature is designed for easy and fast frequency setting. By simply holding the NFC SYNC button on the receiver for a few seconds, it automatically scans the appropriate frequency. Thereafter, just touching the receiver to the transmitter will sync the channel for optimum speed and efficiency.
- A new ‘all band’ scanning feature utilizing the NFC pairing function makes quickly finding the two best channels easy, regardless of location. Additionally, sequential pairing simplifies the process further by assigning each frequency to two transmitters in one function.
3. Compact form factor, with improved ergonomics
- By reducing the size of the receiver from previous generations, the URX-P41D can sit on top of the camera or ILC attached to the MI shoe or cold shoe allowing for improved balance on the camera.
4. External Microphone Input and Three-channel mixing function
- The External Microphone Input for an additional wired microphone widens the sound capture options. Three-channel audio recording is available by using a Sony lavalier microphone through the external microphone input. Furthermore, four-channel audio recording is also possible when using a stereo microphone through the external microphone input.
5. Stable RF reception2
- The URX-P41D can reduce interruptions in reception (RF signal dropout), by utilizing a space diversity reception system, which achieves highly stable reception because of its two receiving antennas. The angle of the antennas on the portable receiver can also be adjusted, which helps to further eliminate signal dropout.
Functions to improve performance when on location
- Auto gain mode and Output level control brings the user peace of mind that the audio levels are correct when out in the field. Auto gain will help to prevent any unwanted distortion and Output level control (when using XLR cable) allows the user to increase the output level where necessary.
- Please visit Sony’s website to check compatibility between SMAD-P5 and applicable camcorders and cameras for Digital Output through the MI Shoe.
- Higher stability, true diversity reception in single channel operation mode.
You might also like...
Despite significant lobbying efforts on the part of wireless microphone manufacturers and others to establish secure RF spectrum in which to operate, the FCC has issued a new order declining the industry’s request to preserve a vacant channel in t…
The world’s first immersive audio format is getting a new generation of consumers hooked via gaming, VR and ASMR, while both production and consumer technology is making it easier to record and easier to access.
With fewer exhibits and smaller crowds, the 2022 NAB Show aisles were easier to navigate and exhibitors had more time to speak with visitors.
Many annual NAB Shows have become milestones in TV broadcasting history. The presence of the 2022 NAB Show marked the first Las Vegas NAB Show since 2019.
The U.S. Postal Service’s unofficial motto applies just as much to ENG crews as to mail carriers: “Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night” will keep these dedicated professionals from their appointed tasks.