This Policy applies as between you, the User of this Website and The Broadcast Bridge the owner and provider of this Website. This Policy applies to our use of any and all Data collected by us in relation to your use of the Website.
- Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
- means collectively all information that you submit to The Broadcast Bridge via the Website. This definition shall, where applicable, incorporate the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998;
- means a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in Clause 12;
- The Broadcast Bridge
- means International Techmedia Ltd trading as The Broadcast Bridge of 23 West Bar, Banbury, Oxon OX16 9SA, UK;
- UK and EU Cookie Law
- means the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
- means any third party that accesses the Website and is not employed by The Broadcast Bridge and acting in the course of their employment; and
- means the website that you are currently using (www.thebroadcastbridge.com) and any sub-domains of this site subdomain unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
- Scope of this Policy
This Policy applies only to the actions of The Broadcast Bridge and Users with respect to this Website. It does not extend to any websites that can be accessed from this Website including, but not limited to, any links we may provide to social media websites.
- Data Collected
Without limitation, any of the following Data may be collected by this Website from time to time:
- date of birth;
- job title;
- contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests;
- financial information such as credit / debit card numbers;
- IP address (automatically collected);
- web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- operating system (automatically collected);
- a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this Website, and the site you exit to (automatically collected); and
- Our Use of Data
- Any personal Data you submit will be retained by The Broadcast Bridge.
- Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to Clause 5, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties without your permission. This does not include our affiliates and / or other companies within our group.
- All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. Fore more details on security see Clause 11 below.
- Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
- improvement of our products / services;
- transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you;
- contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone, fax or mail. Such information may be used to customise or update the Website.
- Third Party Websites and Services
- The Broadcast Bridge may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with matters that may include, but are not limited to, payment processing, delivery of purchased items, search engine facilities, advertising and marketing. The providers of such services do not have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Website.
- Any Data used by such parties is used only to the extent required by them to perform the services that The Broadcast Bridge requests. Any use for other purposes is strictly prohibited. Furthermore, any Data that is processed by third parties shall be processed within the terms of this Policy and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
- Links to Other Websites
- Changes of Business Ownership and Control
- The Broadcast Bridge may, from time to time, expand or reduce our business and this may involve the sale and/or the transfer of control of all or part of The Broadcast Bridge. Data provided by Users will, where it is relevant to any part of our business so transferred, be transferred along with that part and the new owner or newly controlling party will, under the terms of this Policy, be permitted to use the Data for the purposes for which it was originally supplied to us.
- In the event that any Data submitted by Users is to be transferred in such a manner, you will be contacted in advance and informed of the changes.
- Controlling Use of Your Data
Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
- use of Data for direct marketing purposes; and
- sharing Data with third parties.
- Your Right to Withhold Information
- You may access certain areas of the Website without providing any Data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on the Website you may be required to submit certain Data.
- Accessing your own Data
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data held by The Broadcast Bridge (where such data is held) on payment of a small fee.
Data security is of great importance to The Broadcast Bridge and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website.
- Changes to this Policy
The Broadcast Bridge reserves the right to change this Policy as we may deem necessary from time to time or as may be required by law. Any changes will be immediately posted on the Website and you are deemed to have accepted the terms of the Policy on your first use of the Website following the alterations.