Over the past decade, Tata Communications has evolved from a wholesale service provider serving the Indian market to a leading provider of A New World of Communications™ to enterprise customers and service providers worldwide.
Tata Communications is a global company with its roots in the emerging markets. Headquartered in Mumbai and Singapore, it has more than 8,000 employees across 38 countries. The $3.2 billion company is listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange and the National Stock Exchange of India and is the flagship telecoms arm of the $103.3 billion Tata group.
Over the past few years technology has caused significant changes in the way enterprises conduct business.
The exponential growth of connected devices, emergence of social media, analytics, and cloud computing (SMAC), acceptance of bring your own device (BYOD), are all resulting in a major transition in the way enterprises engage with technology. Both, developed economies and emerging and developing economies, are looking to innovation in technology. As a key enabler of information and communication technologies to global enterprises, Tata Communications has led from the front in ensuring a robust digital ecosystem that is equipped for the future: infrastructure that can cope with customers’ demands of intelligence, scalability and flex.
Our strategic portfolios are responsive changing business needs.
Tata Communications’ enhanced business strategy has the consumer’s requirements, trends and movements at the heart of everything it does; seeking to create an open infrastructure, partner ecosystem and platform that is fit for business and delivers that ‘just works’ experience, whilst retaining the transparency, flexibility and control that CEO/CIO’s require in order to safeguard and enhance their organisations’ customer experience and brand reputation. All of this is overlaid onto years of investment and infrastructure through its $1.19bn investment in the world’s only wholly owned subsea fibre network that circles the globe.
Tata Communications’ services portfolio includes predictable high speed connections and global MPLS virtual private networks, Telepresence services, DDoS mitigation and detection service, content delivery networks and cloud offerings. Tata Communications offers customised network solutions for customers in key markets; including verticals like manufacturing, oil and gas, banking, financial services and insurance, media and entertainment; offering our customers speed, quality and unparalleled network reach.
Tata Communications in numbers:
- $3.2 billion in annual revenue in FY13-14 with 77% of this revenue generated outside of India
- Over 8000 employees globally, 30% of which are located outside India with over 40 nationalities
- Largest wholesale voice carrier carrying 53 billion minutes of wholesale voice traffic annually – that’s 1 in 10 voice calls globally
- 1,600 telcos use our network to connect to you (70% of the world’s mobile network operators)
- World’s largest wholly owned submarine fibre network – more than 500,000 kilometres of subsea fibre, and more than 210,000 kilometres of terrestrial fibre
- Only Tier-1 provider that is in the top five in five continents, by internet routes
- Over 24% of the world’s internet routes are on Tata Communications’ network
- 400+ PoPs reach more than 200 countries and territories
- 44 data centres and colocation centres with over one million square feet of space
- 7,600 petabytes of internet traffic travel over the Tata Communications’ internet backbone each month
- 15+ terabits/s of international bandwidth lit capacity