Vimond debuts live channel planner.
Vimond Media Solutions will introduce its Live Channel Planner, a solution enabling producers and broadcasters to create and manage hundreds of live linear and event-based programs. The company also has a new cloud-based SaaS workflow for online editing, Vimond IO.
The Live Channel Planner enables, among other things, a combined view of broadcasters’ channels and electronic program guide (EPG) data. It also enables live channel definition and set up of relevant encoder sources, including backup sources to better enable easy source switching.
Vimond IO benefits include cloud based for access to the software and all assets from any browser and on-demand creation of licensed seats for instant scale and access.
Here are its further pluses outlined by the company:
- Centralized, searchable, cloud-based repository for all assets allows for easy asset location, use and institutional control.
- Non-destructive so that all original assets and the edits are preserved for re-use, fast re-edits and ongoing versioning.
- Collaborative, like Google Docs for online video editing, for in-process remote reviews, feedback, editing hand-offs and later remote access.
- Near-instant transcoding of edits allow for rapid publishing to pre-designated end points
- Sub-fame accuracy allows precise audio editing.
- Splitting multiple audio tracks and rubberbanding allows for complete control over audio editing.
- Ability to record voice overs, create lower thirds and other text layers, and add pre-designed graphics within the workflow streamlines the prices.
You might also like...
In this series of articles, we will explain broadcasting for IT engineers. Television is an illusion, there are no moving pictures and todays broadcast formats are heavily dependent on decisions engineers made in the 1930’s and 1940’s. In this article we …
Two newer technologies are developing that may affect broadcasters, 5G cellular delivery and artificial intelligence (AI). Some experts believe that 5G may develop into a competent OTA program delivery system. Others see 5G as merely another step in boosting cellular…
IP’s suitability for live broadcasting is no longer debatable. It’s been proven in a variety of real-world global deployments over the past several years. Even so, there’s lingering skepticism around IP and a surprising lack of understanding.
In this series of articles, we will explain broadcasting for IT engineers. Television is an illusion, there are no moving pictures and todays broadcast formats are heavily dependent on decisions engineers made in the 1930’s and 1940’s. In the last art…
These are nervous times for the big satellite platform operators and their shareholders as major DTH video service providers such as Sky and AT&T’s DirecTV increase their commitment to the Internet as an alternative delivery medium.