Encompass Digital Media announced it will use Microsoft Azure to power its innovative CloudVOD service, a cloud-based video-on-demand solution.
The CloudVOD platform enables content owners, television networks, MVPDs, OTT operators and other digital service providers to manage the VOD processing lifecycle in a scalable, secure and cost-efficient manner. Now, content providers can focus on their core capabilities delivering high-value content to consumers while CloudVOD manages the nuances of processing requirements and multiple technology standards inherent in OTT distribution.
Key components of the CloudVOD platform include:
- End-to-end managed service operated by the company’s global team of VOD experts from dedicated facilities worldwide.
- Global scale leveraging infrastructure and platform services from Azure.
- Extensive processing capabilities providing highly configurable transformation capabilities including transcode, branding, DRM, packaging, QC, image processing and metadata manipulation.
- Integrated media asset management platform providing full, multi-language, lifecycle management and secure archiving of content and metadata.
- Library of content and VOD platform integration allowing Encompass to rapidly on-board new clients and platforms.
Encompass’ clients can launch global VOD services while complementing the security and integrity of their content throughout the lifecycle by using Azure’s MPAA and CDSA certified components across authentication, storage and processing, among others. Azure is the first multi-tenant cloud service provider to achieve these important industry certifications, which demonstrate Azure’s commitment to protecting customers’ content according to the requirements of the media industry, through a risk-based approach to secure processes and operations.
You might also like...
Aspera FASP 3.6 offers new performance, multi-tenancy and hybrid cloud or on premise transfer capabilities.
StreamGuys, a content delivery network and streaming media provider, has launched IsMyStreamUp, a cloud-based service that enables users of any CDN or streaming platform to continually monitor the status of their Internet streams, critical content assets and production workflows.
Affordable, scalable and flexible are the words used to differentiate Media Navigator from the rest of the crowded media asset management pack. It’s a new software product just announced by Sony, albeit technology already available in its Media Backbone…
Security concerns dominate the discussion of adoption of cloud infrastructure in the Broadcast, Media and Entertainment space. The picture of a petulant executive declaring “I am not putting my content in the cloud!” stops many technical managers from a true…
Square Box Systems has announced CatDV Archive to S3 Cloud, an integration that enables archiving of CatDV-managed media assets and associated metadata in Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), the cloud-based file-storage service offered by Amazon Web Services.