The 1 RU AJA HDR Image Analyzer with a display.
AJA has announced its new HDR Image Analyzer, an HDR monitoring and analysis appliance powered by Colorfront-developed software. The Analyzer supports the monitoring and analysis of 4K/UltraHD/2K/HD, HDR and WCG content for broadcast and OTT entertainment across production, post-production, quality control (QC) and mastering.
The Video - Resolution menu, with easy access for RGB, YCbCR and Quad split vs 2SI configurations.
AJA Video Systems' HDR Image Analyzer fuses AJA’s proven audio and video I/O technology with Colorfront’s powerful image analysis software. The sleek 1RU device delivers a comprehensive toolset for monitoring and analyzing HDR standards including Hybrid Log Gamma (HLG) and Perceptual Quantizer (PQ) for 4K/UltraHD workflows. HDR Image Analyzer is the second technology collaboration between AJA and Colorfront, following the integration of Colorfront Engine into AJA’s FS-HDR real-time HDR/WCG converter.
HDR Image Analyzer takes in 4K sources across 4x 3G-SDI inputs and loops the video out over 4x 3G-SDI spigots to continue the video chain to wherever desired, allowing analysis at any point required in your work- flow.
HDR Image Analyzer feature highlights include:
- Support for display referred SDR (Rec.709), HDR ST2084/PQ and HLG analysis
- Support for scene referred ARRI, Canon, Panasonic, RED and Sony camera color spaces
- Display and color processing look up table (LUT) support
- Automatic color space conversion based on the award winning Colorfront Engine
- CIE graph, vectorscope, waveform and histogram support
- Nit levels and phase metering
- False color mode to easily spot out of gamut/out of brightness pixels
- Advanced out of gamut and out of brightness detection with error intolerance
- Data analyzer with pixel picker
- Line mode to focus a region of interest onto a single horizontal or vertical line
- File base error logging with timecode
- Reference still store
- UltraHD UI for native-resolution picture display
- Up to 4K/UltraHD 60p over 4x 3G-SDI inputs
- SDI auto signal detection
- Loop through output to broadcast monitors
You might also like...
Gamma is a topic that pervades almost all forms of image portrayal, including film, television and computers. Gamma has become a tradition, which means that its origins are not understood, and it is not questioned. Perhaps it is time that…
Glasgow in December is a place and a time with a particular look, and The Nest is a production which enthusiastically embraces that aesthetic. Broadcast in the UK beginning in March 2020, it was produced for the BBC by Studio Lambert…
It’s one thing to be confronted by a big pile of technology and to be confused by it. It’s another to know something about that technology and conclude that things could be a lot simpler than they are. Tha…
It’s all very well reading all this theory about colorimetry, but what can be done in practice? First of all, it is necessary to consider that imaging, be it still or moving, is a creative process that relies totally o…
The dominant reason for the adoption of color difference working is that it allows the color difference signals to be reduced in bandwidth without obvious loss of picture quality. Only the luma signal needs to be retained at full bandwidth.…