The 1 RU AJA HDR Image Analyzer with a display.
AJA has announced its new HDR Image Analyzer, an HDR monitoring and analysis appliance powered by Colorfront-developed software. The Analyzer supports the monitoring and analysis of 4K/UltraHD/2K/HD, HDR and WCG content for broadcast and OTT entertainment across production, post-production, quality control (QC) and mastering.
The Video - Resolution menu, with easy access for RGB, YCbCR and Quad split vs 2SI configurations.
AJA Video Systems' HDR Image Analyzer fuses AJA’s proven audio and video I/O technology with Colorfront’s powerful image analysis software. The sleek 1RU device delivers a comprehensive toolset for monitoring and analyzing HDR standards including Hybrid Log Gamma (HLG) and Perceptual Quantizer (PQ) for 4K/UltraHD workflows. HDR Image Analyzer is the second technology collaboration between AJA and Colorfront, following the integration of Colorfront Engine into AJA’s FS-HDR real-time HDR/WCG converter.
HDR Image Analyzer takes in 4K sources across 4x 3G-SDI inputs and loops the video out over 4x 3G-SDI spigots to continue the video chain to wherever desired, allowing analysis at any point required in your work- flow.
HDR Image Analyzer feature highlights include:
- Support for display referred SDR (Rec.709), HDR ST2084/PQ and HLG analysis
- Support for scene referred ARRI, Canon, Panasonic, RED and Sony camera color spaces
- Display and color processing look up table (LUT) support
- Automatic color space conversion based on the award winning Colorfront Engine
- CIE graph, vectorscope, waveform and histogram support
- Nit levels and phase metering
- False color mode to easily spot out of gamut/out of brightness pixels
- Advanced out of gamut and out of brightness detection with error intolerance
- Data analyzer with pixel picker
- Line mode to focus a region of interest onto a single horizontal or vertical line
- File base error logging with timecode
- Reference still store
- UltraHD UI for native-resolution picture display
- Up to 4K/UltraHD 60p over 4x 3G-SDI inputs
- SDI auto signal detection
- Loop through output to broadcast monitors
You might also like...
Quality Control is one of the many areas where IT and broadcast use similar terms, but the meaning is quite different. Whereas IT focuses on guaranteeing bit rates and packet delivery to improve quality of service and hence quality of…
To deliver efficient media solutions IT engineers must be able to communicate effectively with broadcast engineers. In this series of articles, we present the most important topics in broadcasting that IT engineers must understand. Here, we look at compression, why,…
Rohde & Schwarz, like many companies in this sector, were once known as hardware manufacturers but are now evolving to offer new solutions. In a future where IP connectivity reigns and resolution increases to 4K and beyond it is vital…
The broadcast equipment industry is in the process of making the transition to IP based transport for video, audio and data. This has led to development of a suite of standards including SMPTE ST 2022-6 for encapsulation of uncompressed SDI…
Some engineers can maintain their current SDI systems armed with little more than a foggy memory of how things are interconnected. But with IP networks, such a philosophy guarantees panic if something fails. When it comes to properly documenting an…