Adobe partnered with systems from over 52 companies at its own booth.
NAB 2018 was an important show for Adobe Systems as they brought the power of Artificial Intelligence to their rapidly expanding post production systems.
Adobe's group product manager, Steve Forde, being interviewed by Jay Ankeney of The Broadcast Bridge.
“Powerful Alone, Unstoppable Together” was the theme for Adobe at the NAB Show 2018.
“We are bringing out a number of new technologies at this year’s NAB, with many of them converging to provide the right experience to the right user at the right time,“ Steve Forde, group product manager, products professional video and audio for Adobe told me on the floor of the South Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center.
Adobe's new Immersive Environment for editing VR/360 provide Responsive Design controls for time and position when designing motion graphics.
“For example, one that I like the best in Premiere Pro CC and After Effects CC is ‘Shot Matching’. It’s a new way for us to take Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning to let the system understand a color profile from one image and apply it to another. Shot Matching’ removes the tedious work from the creative process with a single click.”
Another function that comes from AI combined with Machine Learning is “Auto Ducking” in which, to cite just one example, the volume of audio elements behind a Voice Over are dipped to allow the spoken voice to come through. “We call this overall artificial intelligence and machine learning platform ‘Adobe Sensei’,” Forde said, “and it is an example of the AI that Adobe is bringing to NAB 2018”.
Other major announcements from Adobe at the NAB Show 2018 were:
- A major upgrade to their Creative Cloud service including new capabilities for refining color, creating graphics and crafting audio along with improved integration with Adobe Stock.
- A new Essential Graphics panel in Premiere Pro CC for working with motion graphics templates created in After Effects CC.
- A Master Properties feature in After Effects CC that lets the artist push individual values to all versions of a composition or pull selected changes back to the master.
- After Effects CC also has a new Advanced Puppet Engine that can create organic movements with drip pins to define motions within a dynamic mesh.
- You can now preview your Virtual Reality (VR) content with a head-mounted display in the Adobe Immersive Environment.
- axle Video's new Adobe Premiere Panel plug-in allows editors to browse, search and import from their media library, all while staying in the Premiere Pro CC application.
You might also like...
In the last article in this series, we looked at why integrated monitoring is a necessity in modern broadcast IP workflows. In this article, we dig deeper to understand what is new in IP monitoring and how this integrates with…
A few years ago, a prominent manufacturer of studio support equipment did something unusual: it went to NAB with an experienced broadcast camera operator to discuss a part of live production that’s invisible when done well. Following a driven g…
Video, audio and metadata monitoring in the IP domain requires different parameter checking than is typically available from the mainstream monitoring tools found in IT. The contents of the data payload is less predictable and packet distribution more tightly defined…
It’s traditional for film and TV technical journalists to play soothsayer in the run-up to major industry events. With NAB and Cine Gear virtual this year and the world’s manufacturers having enjoyed an unprecedented stretch of downtime to hat…
Practically all communication, including broadcasting, relies totally on electromagnetic waves that may be radiated far and wide from transmitters or guided along wires, waveguides or optical fibers.