AJA previewed a new HDR Image Analyzer they are developing with Colorfront during their Monday press conference.
AJA expanded its converter line at the 2018 NAB Show to include multiple HDR versions.
Nick Rashby, President of AJA Video Systems (left) being interviewed by Jay Ankeney, The Broadcast Bridge (right).
“AJA is 25 years old at this NAB 2018,” Nick Rashby, President of AJA Video Systems told the assembled press corps during their breakfast press conference in the Renaissance Hotel, “and I’m glad to say we are still growing and turning in great revenue maintaining our technology innovations and IP leadership.”
Although they had at least 10 major announcements, when I had the chance after the event to ask Rashby which was the most important, he responded, “It would start with our SMPE 2110 support, our new mini converter, the KONA IP, our new HDR (High Dynamic Range) tools, the image analyzer that we are developing with Colorfront, or the new firmware for the FS-HDR real time converter/frame synchronizer. It’s going to be a big show for us.”
Among the major AJA announcements are:
- New v2.5 firmware for the FS-HDR real time High Dynamic Range (HDR) and Wide Color Gamut (WCG) converter/frame synchronizer with Colorfront Engine video processing.
- v3.0 firmware for Ki Pro Ultra and Ki Pro Ultra Plus, adding Avid DNxHR codec support to the file-based 4K/UltraHD/2K/HD recording and playback devices.
- Two new compact 12G-SDI routers, KUMO 3232-12G and KUMO 1616-12G.
- Five new openGear-compatible video and audio rack cards, with support for Ross Video DashBoard software for remote control and monitoring.
- And a tech preview of AJA’s new HDR Image Analyzer with waveform, histogram, vectorscope and Nit-level HDR monitoring in a compact 1RU chassis they are developing with Colorfront.
You might also like...
Every year in February the world’s top ULTRA4 racers converge in Johnson Valley, CA to compete in a week-long series of off-road races spanning more than 200 miles of rocky desert terrain. Called “The King of Hammers,” the race draws in mo…
Following numerous private conversations and panel discussions at the recent 2018 NAB Show, it’s become clear that broadcasters are being challenged like never before to hold the line on CapEx spending while delivering more content across their linear platforms. Because o…
Broadcasters have a flurry of changing parameters and imperfections to avoid when making the transition to single-link 12Gb/s connectivity. This article will provide some guidance to the needed decisions and key performance factors.
Everyone shopping for a 4K UHD television set these days is faced with the same question. What is high dynamic range, or HDR, should I buy it and what are the different flavors of it? What are the practical advantages?…
See that hill up ahead? It’s not a hill, it’s Mt Everest and your job is to conquer that mountain. Rendered into familiar industry vernacular, you, video engineer, are charged with building an IT-centric facility. A SMPTE standard was…