Io 4K Plus cature device.
AJA Video Systems has announced the new Io 4K Plus capture and output device with support for Thunderbolt 3. Io 4K Plus offers the latest 12G-SDI and HDMI 2.0 I/O connectivity, advanced audio features and 4K/UltraHD support up to 50p/60p frame rates.
Io 4K Plus is the next generation of AJA's capture and output hardware devices and AJA’s first Thunderbolt 3 product. Offering a range of connectivity, including 12G/6G/3G/1.5G-SDI and HDMI 2.0 I/O, Io 4K Plus is compatible with the latest 4K/UltraHD devices. Using AJA’s proven drivers and application plug-ins for Mac or PC, Io 4K Plus integrates with standard creative tools such as Adobe Premiere Pro, Apple FCP X and Avid Media Composer.
AJA’s proven conversion technology facilitates real time, high-quality scaling of 4K and UltraHD to HD for monitoring and output. Io 4K Plus also includes an additional Thunderbolt 3 port for daisy-chaining flexibility.
Thunderbolt 3’s broad bandwidth allows Io 4K Plus to support 4K/UltraHD and HD large raster, high frame rate, deep color and HDR projects to Thunderbolt 3 via USB-C equipped workstations or laptops.
Io 4K Plus feature highlights include:
- Portable 4K/UltraHD and HD/SD capture and playback across Thunderbolt 3
- Backwards compatibility with existing Thunderbolt hosts
- 12G/6G/3G/1.5G-SDI and HDMI 2.0 I/O for 4K, UltraHD, 2K, HD and SD with HFR support up to 60p at 4:2:2
- Real time 4K/UltraHD to 2K/HD down-conversion
- 8-, 10- and 12-bit 4:2:2 and 4:4:4 over 12G-SDI or HDMI 2.0 workflow support
- Two Thunderbolt 3 ports allow easy daisy-chaining of up to six Thunderbolt devices
- 16-channel embedded audio on SDI; 8-channel embedded audio on HDMI; 8-channel analog audio via XLR break-out
- Downstream keyer
- Standard 12v 4-pin XLR for AC or battery power
- Compatibility with creative applications including Adobe Premiere Pro, Apple FCP X, Avid Media Composer; FilmLight products; AJA Control Room and more
You might also like...
Outside Broadcast connectivity using managed and unmanaged networks is delivering opportunities for employers that enhances productivity through flexibility, scalability, and resilience.
Founded in 2001, Blackmagic Design is based in Melbourne, Australia, with offices in Fremont and Burbank, Calif. in the U.S., as well as Manchester, England, and Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
Signal transducers such as cameras, displays, microphones and loudspeakers handle information, ideally converting it from one form to another, but practically losing some. Information theory can be used to analyze such devices.
The transform is a useful device that has some interesting characteristics. On one side of a transform we might have the spatial domain, for example data describing an image in terms of brightness as a function of position. On the…
Wind turbines are increasing in number because they produce electricity with reasonable environmental impact. But how green are they really?