Vimond debuts live channel planner.
Vimond Media Solutions will introduce its Live Channel Planner, a solution enabling producers and broadcasters to create and manage hundreds of live linear and event-based programs. The company also has a new cloud-based SaaS workflow for online editing, Vimond IO.
The Live Channel Planner enables, among other things, a combined view of broadcasters’ channels and electronic program guide (EPG) data. It also enables live channel definition and set up of relevant encoder sources, including backup sources to better enable easy source switching.
Vimond IO benefits include cloud based for access to the software and all assets from any browser and on-demand creation of licensed seats for instant scale and access.
Here are its further pluses outlined by the company:
- Centralized, searchable, cloud-based repository for all assets allows for easy asset location, use and institutional control.
- Non-destructive so that all original assets and the edits are preserved for re-use, fast re-edits and ongoing versioning.
- Collaborative, like Google Docs for online video editing, for in-process remote reviews, feedback, editing hand-offs and later remote access.
- Near-instant transcoding of edits allow for rapid publishing to pre-designated end points
- Sub-fame accuracy allows precise audio editing.
- Splitting multiple audio tracks and rubberbanding allows for complete control over audio editing.
- Ability to record voice overs, create lower thirds and other text layers, and add pre-designed graphics within the workflow streamlines the prices.
You might also like...
As well as providing functionality, tangible products present the opportunity of adding worth through their aesthetic appearance, cost of manufacture and development expenditure adds to the perceived barrier to entry for other vendors, and combined with low volumes, the cost…
At the start of 2013, BCE at RTL City was a hole in Luxembourg’s ground and in less than four years they were on air broadcasting 35 different channels across Europe and Singapore. Costas Colombus is BCE’s Special Projects Manager and…
Investment in global TV poses a very interesting challenge – will there be enough content to satisfy the demand for OTT services?
The Pitfalls of Online File Sharing and Sending Services for the Media & Entertainment Industry:
In the last article on Cloud Broadcasting we looked at integration and how we communicate with SaaS and cloud services in the absence of GPI’s and serial connections. In this article, we introduce secure server access and issues around s…