Vimond debuts live channel planner.
Vimond Media Solutions will introduce its Live Channel Planner, a solution enabling producers and broadcasters to create and manage hundreds of live linear and event-based programs. The company also has a new cloud-based SaaS workflow for online editing, Vimond IO.
The Live Channel Planner enables, among other things, a combined view of broadcasters’ channels and electronic program guide (EPG) data. It also enables live channel definition and set up of relevant encoder sources, including backup sources to better enable easy source switching.
Vimond IO benefits include cloud based for access to the software and all assets from any browser and on-demand creation of licensed seats for instant scale and access.
Here are its further pluses outlined by the company:
- Centralized, searchable, cloud-based repository for all assets allows for easy asset location, use and institutional control.
- Non-destructive so that all original assets and the edits are preserved for re-use, fast re-edits and ongoing versioning.
- Collaborative, like Google Docs for online video editing, for in-process remote reviews, feedback, editing hand-offs and later remote access.
- Near-instant transcoding of edits allow for rapid publishing to pre-designated end points
- Sub-fame accuracy allows precise audio editing.
- Splitting multiple audio tracks and rubberbanding allows for complete control over audio editing.
- Ability to record voice overs, create lower thirds and other text layers, and add pre-designed graphics within the workflow streamlines the prices.
You might also like...
Following numerous private conversations and panel discussions at the recent 2018 NAB Show, it’s become clear that broadcasters are being challenged like never before to hold the line on CapEx spending while delivering more content across their linear platforms. Because o…
Two newer technologies are developing that may affect broadcasters, 5G cellular delivery and artificial intelligence (AI). Some experts believe that 5G may develop into a competent OTA program delivery system. Others see 5G as merely another step in boosting cellular…
Protecting the security of media is sometimes an unresolved issue. The first step to securing valuable content is a thorough review to identify any gaps in a facility’s security plan. Then, implement industry best practices and security layers to s…
The transformation of the media and entertainment workflow from discrete, server-based silos to software-based environments is well underway. As the industry makes this shift, media companies find that placing a scale-out storage solution at the heart of the IP workflow…
In the first installment of this article series, we investigated a solution to the post-production editing challenge offered by Avid. Now it is time to see how a prominent facility puts that technology to work.