Vimond Debuts Live Channel Planner
Vimond Media Solutions will introduce its Live Channel Planner, a solution enabling producers and broadcasters to create and manage hundreds of live linear and event-based programs. The company also has a new cloud-based SaaS workflow for online editing, Vimond IO.
The Live Channel Planner enables, among other things, a combined view of broadcasters’ channels and electronic program guide (EPG) data. It also enables live channel definition and set up of relevant encoder sources, including backup sources to better enable easy source switching.
It can be integrated with Vimond Media's Orchestrator API, which connects to several upstream video encoding technologies (Amazon/Elemental Delta and Azure Media Services).
Vimond IO benefits include cloud based for access to the software and all assets from any browser and on-demand creation of licensed seats for instant scale and access.
Here are its further pluses outlined by the company:
- Centralized, searchable, cloud-based repository for all assets allows for easy asset location, use and institutional control.
- Non-destructive so that all original assets and the edits are preserved for re-use, fast re-edits and ongoing versioning.
- Collaborative, like Google Docs for online video editing, for in-process remote reviews, feedback, editing hand-offs and later remote access.
- Near-instant transcoding of edits allow for rapid publishing to pre-designated end points
- Sub-fame accuracy allows precise audio editing.
- Splitting multiple audio tracks and rubberbanding allows for complete control over audio editing.
- Ability to record voice overs, create lower thirds and other text layers, and add pre-designed graphics within the workflow streamlines the prices.
You might also like...
The Peril Of HDR: Just Because You Can Doesn’t Mean You Should
There is a disturbing and growing consensus among viewers that many movies and TV shows today are under illuminated or simply too dark. As DOPs, we surely share some of the blame, but there is plenty of blame to go…
The Sponsors Perspective: What Are You Waiting For?
Cloud based workflows are here to stay. So, there are no longer any technical or production-based reasons not to take full advantage of the opportunities this can bring to broadcasters.
Broadcast And The Metaverse - Part 2
The Metaverse may seem a long way off but the technology underpinning its rapid deployment is here today and has the potential to empower broadcasters to improve the immersive viewing experience.
Scalable Dynamic Software For Broadcasters: Part 7 - Connecting Container And Microservice Apps
Messaging is an incredibly important concept in microservices and forms the backbone of their communication. But keeping systems coherent and resilient requires an understanding of how microservices communicate and why.
The Sponsors Perspective: Why Settle For A Or B?
AMPP provides many different configurations for high availability cloud systems that empower broadcasters to choose the best infrastructures to meet their demands and further improve the viewing experience.