Hosted by Rohde & Schwarz, this highly focused one-day seminar will enable attendees to learn how to uncover, characterize, and solve the most elusive EMI problems.
As troubleshooting and localising intermittent signals or multiple layers of broadband and narrowband signals can be frustrating even for the most seasoned EMC troubleshooter and RF engineer, the Rohde & Schwarz's seminar will discuss and demonstrate a number of test setups that can help the root causes of EMC test failures and then demonstrate how real-time analysis can literally make previously-hidden signals leap into plain view. The seminar is intended for engineers and technicians involved in the development, troubleshooting, pre-compliance testing and certification of electronic products, systems and assemblies for EMC; provided by Rohde & Schwarz, there is no cost for participants attending the seminars.
The AM Session will include two parts, "Practical RF measurement techniques & probing tools for EMC troubleshooting", and "How to make good, fast, repeatable & compliant EMC measurements in the 21st Century":
- The first session will expose the secrets and key elements to uncovering the most elusive EMI problems, discussing and demonstrating a number of noise injectors, near-field probes, current probes, voltage probes, as well as their theory of operation.
- The second session will discuss the various differentiators which affect the industry acceptance of Time Domain Scan (which continues to widen the capability gap between typical Spectrum Analyzers and EMC Receivers).
The PM Session will focus on "Using real-time spectral analysis to visualise, measure, and troubleshoot EMI signals":
- Because troubleshooting and localising intermittent signals or multiple layers of broadband and narrowband signals can be frustrating even for the most seasoned EMC troubleshooter or RF engineers, this presentation will discuss the capabilities of different types of spectral analysis technologies, and then demonstrate how real-time analysis can literally make previously-hidden signals leap into plain view.
The headline speaker, Lee Hill, is an industry expert in electromagnetic compatibility and founding partner of SILENT Solutions LLC, an EMC and RF design firm established in 1992. Lee provides EMC troubleshooting services, design reviews, and training to a wide variety of industries nationally and around the world.
The one-day seminars are available on the following dates and locations:
- Tuesday, April 18 - San Diego, CA
- Thursday, April 20 - Milpitas, CA
- Monday, May 22, - Dallas, TX
You might also like...
This year’s NFL Super Bowl telecast, to be broadcast live on the Fox Sports Network, will once again provide a proving ground for the latest remote audio and video technology, with a few new twists thrown in for an a…
Working with Turkish on-site facilities coordinator Polimeks Turkmenistan, Broadcast Solutions GmbH has completed a large order to build an entire fleet of 4K UHD production vehicles of different sizes for Turkmenistan TV, consisting of 16 vehicles (4 sets) in two phases of…
Facing fierce competition, internal sales teams are being challenged like never before to reach the largest amount of potential customers. Manufacturers of multiple broadcast equipment product lines have historically looked to their channel partners—and more recently, unlimited access online r…
The World Teleport Association (WTA) has released Teleport Opportunities 2018, a new research report surveying teleport executives on market opportunities and obstacles to growth, investment, hiring and technology plans.
At the CABSAT 2018 show, Broadcast Solutions GmbH will be exhibiting new products that focus on wireless communication, in addition to its latest solutions for mobile productions, studio-/playout-facilities and SNG technology.