A raft of new features including QC validation of input and output files are part of the revamped Telestream Cloud.
Telestream is to show off a number of upgrades to Telestream Cloud, a video transcoding SaaS (software as a service) for video production and post production use.
“Content production networks are leveraging the efficiencies of cloud transcoding to optimise their workflows and customers are asking us to add functionality to Telestream Cloud beyond standard video transcoding,” explained Shawn Carnahan, CTO. “We see a significant shift in the market and we’re expanding the capabilities of our Cloud SaaS to meet the needs of video producers’ more complex and demanding workflows.
“Commodity video transcoding SaaS services do not possess the necessary video processing capability to address the requirements of media and entertainment professionals. At Telestream, we build the systems that video pros have come to depend upon and have made these services available in our SaaS platform,” he added.
New to Telestream Cloud, are:
- QC validation of input and output files as part of the transcoding process, enabling analysis and comparison of the quality of video and audio data streams.
- DVB subtitle rendering and multiplexing, TTML and WebVTT and rich CEA 608/708 closed captions that increase audience reach with multi-language support for distribution throughout Europe and North America.
- Cinnafilm Tachyon motion-compensated video and image processing for frame rate conversion, standards conversion, de-interlacing, inverse telecine, rescaling and cadence correction.
- AMWA certified DPP Packaging solution for UK content delivery. The service automatically assembles the DPP timeline, including bars, tones, slates and correct multi-part spacing into compliant AS-11 MXF video, formats metadata and assembles DPP compliant packages.
- MXF for Production, AS-10 for system interoperability throughout production workflows. The service decodes AS-10 source and produces AS-10 compliant output for delivery.
- Audio Loudness Measurement and Correction is available in Advanced Services to measure and correct audio loudness for European EBU R148 and North American CALM Act compliance.
Workflows will be added to Telestream Cloud accounts on an individual basis, according to customer requests. They will be accessible as presets through API and web interface, and priced by content minutes for the specified workflow. Telestream Cloud transcoding job progress tracking and reporting will be available.
Alongside the Advanced Services, Telestream has developed a range of 'self-serve' Standard Services for Telestream Cloud, many of which can be integrated with third-party technology and systems.
Among the new features already included in the Standard Service within Telestream Cloud is support for Aspera’s patented FASP content transfer technology. Aspera Enterprise is now available as one of the storage transfer options in Telestream Cloud that works with customers' existing Aspera installations. This integration also includes support for Aspera transfer node URLs as a source when submitting jobs to Telestream Cloud.
John Wastcoat, VP of Business Development at Aspera, said: "The integration into the Telestream Cloud validates our common vision and the demands of our joint customers, allowing them to take full advantage of the benefits of the cloud with the speed and security Aspera offers.”
Telestream Cloud also adds cloud-based motion compensated frame rate conversion as a standard service. Frame rate conversion is a key feature for all media companies that need to convert their content to meet broadcasting requirements across multiple geographic locations and in many different SD and HD broadcast standards without sacrificing quality. Telestream Cloud uses Telestream's FPS conversion engine that uses a variety of techniques to ensure optimal video output quality. This feature is available through the Telestream console.
Other third-party collaborations enable GPU Accelerated transcoding with the AWS NVIDIA NVENC and Microsoft Azure NV-Series Tesla M60 GPU encoders. Leveraging the video encoders Telestream Cloud is said to shorten transcoding times up to 10 times. Telestream Cloud users can use GPU transcoding power with a new GPU preset that is available through the Telestream Cloud user interface and API just like any other preset. GPU instances are available in US and EU regions for users on metered subscriptions.
You might also like...
Sky’s Italian division has injected £4.5 million ($6 million) to take a minority stake in London based video compression technology developer V-Nova. This was presented as an endorsement for V-Nova’s compression technology from a major operator, although Sky Italia has actu…
One of the hot technologies to be showcased at the 2017 NAB Show is cloud. But as experts will admit, there is no one perfect “cloud solution”. Before you trek through miles of exhibits looking for cloud products, read these two art…
In today’s world of multiple channels, devices and content sources, content owners need to be able to service all of these platforms. The problem is how to create several versions of media in an efficient manner. The Interoperable Master F…
ATEME’s codec was used for the VR near-live coverage in Ultra High Definition (UHD) of Super Bowl LI, in partnership with Fox Sports and LiveLike.
Live broadcasting is FUN!