New Ki Pro: 12G-SDI I/O up to 4K/UltraHD 60p in single-channel mode.
The Ki Pro Ultra 12G is a new single-channel 4K/UltraHD recorder and player or four-channel HD recorder, featuring 12G-SDI connectivity.
“Demand for 12G-SDI solutions is soaring as production professionals strive to create more streamlined workflows with enough bandwidth to carry higher fidelity HDR, high frame rate and 4K/UltraHD signals over a single cable,” explained Nick Rashby, President, AJA Video Systems. “Building upon the same framework of the production-proven Ki Pro Ultra Plus, we’ve developed the next-generation Ki Pro Ultra 12G to offer recording and playback of the highest quality video signals with 12G-SDI connectivity to streamline recording and playback – whether on set, in live venues or within a broadcast studio.”
Suited for a range of production environments, Ki Pro Ultra 12G features include:
- 12G-SDI I/O up to 4K/UltraHD 60p in single-channel mode
- 4K/UltraHD/2K/HD recording to Apple ProRes or Avid DNxHD/HR MXF
- HD recording options: 1, 2, 3 or 4-Channel HD recording at up to 1080 60p with independent ProRes codec profile support for each channel
- 4x 3G-SDI 4K/UltraHD 60p in single-channel mode or HD in multi-channel mode
- Optional 12G SFP+ Fiber and HD-BNC support
- HDMI 2.0 I/O with HFR 4:4:4 and HDR capabilities
- Support for the latest HDR formats with HLG and HDR10 recording and playback
- Multi-Matrix HD video display for up to 4-Channels during record over SDI Monitor out, HDMI out, and on the built-in display
You might also like...
The IEEE has just published the latest version of its Precision Time Protocol (PTP) standard that provides precise synchronization of clocks in packet-based networked systems. This article explains the significance of IEEE 1588-2019, otherwise known as PTPv2.1, and how it…
Late last year, the Federal Communications Commission announced plans to establish a 5G Fund, making $9 billion available to help mobile network operators (MNOs) deploy 4G and 5G mobile wireless services in hard-to-reach rural America. Some call these areas with sparse…
In 2017, at that year’s VidTrans conference a regional gathering of members of the Video Services Forum (VSF), a new protocol for delivering audio and video over lossy IP networks (including the public Internet), was born. It was an idea t…
SDI is one of those technologies that is so well established and ubiquitous it can almost be taken for granted.
Viewing audiences are continually driving broadcasters to deliver improved video formats to further enhance the immersive experience. It didn’t seem so long ago that HD was lauded as the best format ever. Not only did we end up quadrupling t…