BirdDog Debut NDI Over the Public Internet At IBC
BirdDog Cloud can send NDI anywhere in the world with SRT encryption.
New NDI tools are dedicated to simplifying the transition from baseband video to IP workflows.
BirdDog has announced BirdDog Cloud. It enables NDI delivery over the public internet securely with AES 128/256 Encryption. BirdDog Cloud also uses SRT protocol to ensure high quality delivery even over lossy network connections and with extremely low latency. BirdDog will be demonstrating BirdDog Cloud at IBC.
BirdDog Cloud is a modular and scalable delivery platform that makes remote productions across the public internet with NDI possible. BirdDog Cloud can control full remote studio from the other side of the world. BirdDog Cloud supports all functions required including PTZ Camera Control, Tally, and Audio Intercom via the BirdDog Comms application.
“We are extremely proud of BirdDog Cloud. We’ve been all in on creating NDI workflows since the start and BirdDog Cloud can make the dream of working from a tropical beach with a laptop and an internet connection come true,” said Dan Miall, BirdDog Co-Founder and CEO. “We live in a very exciting time in history and we truly can’t wait to see the workflows our customers can create with BirdDog Cloud.”
BirdDog Cloud uses SRT (Secure Reliable Transport) protocol, which is fast becoming the industry standard for online content sharing between sites. SRT is Secure with the ability to add AES encryption. It is reliable with plenty of smart forward error correction built-in to maintain a good quality video connection even over poor networks, and Transport is the method of sending.
“SRT was an obvious choice for us when building BirdDog Cloud,” said Jan Grimestad, Product Manager and Lead Designer for BirdDog Cloud. “SRT creates a reliable, stable connection complete with AES encryption. Our customers can send video over the internet with low latency and have total peace of mind that their content is secure. We’re really pleased to be part of the SRT Alliance.”
BirdDog Cloud is a completely modular platform which allows customers to choose and only pay for the features they need. To get started customers simply need an Endpoint Core at each end and then build on the options they require from there. Modules include:
- Endpoint Core provides everything necessary to get started for a single point to point connection. It includes Tally, Comms, Video, Audio, and PTZ Control all over a secure and encrypted connection.
- Endpoint Multi is a multiple stream license that is only limited by how many streams the computer can process. The faster the machine the more streams. This enables multiple, single point to point connections.
- Multistream enables multiple streams over a single SRT connection. Use an End Point at each end and stream from Oslo to New York, Paris, and Melbourne simultaneously. All NDI feeds sent from Endpoint to Endpoint will maintain individual sync.
- Multiview is a scalable and powerful NDI Multiviewer that automatically creates the least number of video windows needed whilst still maintaining a 16×9 aspect ratio. Each receiving End Point can configure its own custom Multiviewer. The NDI for the Multiviewer is sent at lower bandwidth NDI to allow you more video windows than you can with full bandwidth NDI. There are controls to set to 720p or 1080p resolutions and you can even throttle the NDI if desired.
- Alpha adds support for sending remote graphics or other sources with alpha over the SRT link.
- WebRTC converts NDI to WebRTC with very low latency as Program out back channel to ENG or other remote productions.
You might also like...
BEITC Session Report - Using TV For GPS Backup In The USA
China and Russia have back-up GPS systems. The USA has no GPS backup, although politicians have been talking about the need for 20 years. ATSC 3.0 stations have the hardware in place to provide nationwide backup. The US Department of Transportation is…
Monitoring & Compliance Technologies At NAB 2023
Monitoring vendors face various challenges highlighted at NAB 2023, including demands for consultant Quality of Experience across multiple channels, and between adverts and programming content. Then specifically for the US market, a notable theme at NAB will be the rise of…
Rising Live Sports Streaming Drives Supply Chain Innovations At 2023 NAB Show
Drives for energy and cost efficiencies underlie some of the streaming supply chain innovations on show at NAB 2023, balanced against demand for more immersive experiences and guaranteed QoS. The rise in live sports streaming is accentuating demand for better protection…
Learning From The Experts At The BEITC Sessions at 2023 NAB Show
Many NAB Shows visitors don’t realize that some of the most valuable technical information released at NAB Shows emanates from BEITC sessions. The job titles of all but one speaker in the conference are all related to engineering, technology, d…
5G Broadcast Positioned As Revenue Winner For Telcos At Mobile World Congress 2023
Mobile World Congress (MWC) has become an increasingly relevant show for broadcasters and video service providers as more and more viewing takes place on smart phones, tablets and laptops, and as 5G networks becomes capable of delivering HD and even…