The National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences announces the recipients of the 70th Annual Technology & Engineering Emmy Awards. Presentations will take place at the 2019 NAB show in April, 2019.
Robert Seidel, Chairman of the Technology & Engineering Achievement Committee said, “Screen actors are always cited for Oscars. Stage performers are similarly proud of their Tonys. Television journalists are quick to add an Emmy to their resume – and with good reason. We award the Technology & Engineering Emmy Award to these outstanding companies and individuals who are the ‘tool makers’ of the industry that have materially affected the television viewing experience.”
2018 Technical / Engineering Achievement Awards
- Pioneering Development of Mobile X-Band Radar Trucks for Television Weather Forecasting and Reporting
- NBCUniversal Company Owned Stations
- Accelerated Media Technologies Inc.
- Enterprise Electronics Corporation (EEC)
- Automated Sound Conformation
- Sounds in Sync
- Synchro Arts
- The Cargo Cult
- 3D Engine Software for the Production of Animation
- Unity Technologies
- Epic Games Inc.
- Cost Effective Crowd Simulation Tools
- Massive Software
- Pioneering Development of Packet Impairment Test Generator for SMPTE ST 2022 Digital Video over IP
- Development of a Ku Satellite-Based Communication System for Early Satellite Newsgathering
- Conus Communications (Hubbard Broadcasting)
- Large-Scale “At Home” Production for Live Sports
- NASCAR Productions
- PSSI Global Services
- Big Ten Network
- Large-Scale Distributed Production for Live Sports
- NBC Sports
- Standardization of HTML5, Encrypted Media Extensions (EME) and Media Source Extensions (MSE) for a Full TV Experience
- Pioneering Reliable Transmission Method for Live Contribution and Distribution TV Links
You might also like...
Part one of this four-part series introduces immersive audio, the terminology used, the standards adopted, and the key principles that make it work.
Philo T. Farnsworth was the original TV pioneer. When he transmitted the first picture from a camera to a receiver in another room in 1927, he exclaimed to technicians helping him, “There you are – electronic television!” What’s never been quoted but lik…
NASCAR Productions, based in Charlotte NC, prides itself on maintaining one of the most technically advanced content creation organizations in the country. It’s responsible for providing content, graphics and other show elements to broadcasters (mainly Fox and NBC), as w…
Ground breaking advances in storage technology are paving the way to empower broadcasters to fully utilize IT storage systems. Taking advantage of state-of-the-art machine learning techniques, IT innovators now deliver storage systems that are more resilient, flexible, and reliable than…
New England Patriot quarterback, Tom Brady, entered Mercedes Benz stadium in Atlanta, GA on February 3rd having already won five Super Bowl games. And through four-quarters of play, all delivered by a television crew of hundreds of technicians, sports casters…