Dimetis Boss Broadcast Manager
Dimetis Boss Broadcast Manager provides a comprehensive management and control platform for the complex workflows of major television stations and networks.
Dimetis BOSS BROADCAST Manager is a comprehensive broadcast management and control software platform for monitoring, configuring, and controlling streaming facilities, multiplex centers, IPTV, Digital Video Broadcasting (DVB) and Advanced Television Systems (ATSC/HDTV). It is a true multi-vendor broadcast network management software application that can monitor a large number of devices independent of manufacturer and technology, while hiding the complexity from the user.
- New Configuration Management - Easier configuration of all components, metadata, and signals in the network by automated workflows.
- Event Scheduler - Scheduling and initiation of multiplex configuration changes upon event boundaries. This enables up to 18 services to be configured automatically and simultaneously.
- New Fault Management - The Error Correlation Engine automatically initiates a redundancy switching process in case of failure, in order to improve service quality. The improved root cause analysis provides robust troubleshooting.
- Inventory - Maintains real-time information of the entire broadcast network facility (both physical and logical).
- Activation Engine – Utilizes the configuration sequence from inventory and communicates with devices or respective element managers using different protocols. Activation can be triggered by the event scheduler or from fault management.
You might also like...
Today’s broadcast engineers face a unique challenge, one that is likely unfamiliar to these professionals. The challenge is to design, build and operate IP-centric solutions for video and audio content.
Broadcasting used to be simple. It required one TV station sending one signal to multiple viewers. Everyone received the same imagery at the same time. That was easy.
Saving dollars is one of the reasons broadcasters are moving to IP. Network speeds have now reached a level where real-time video and audio distribution is a realistic option. Taking this technology to another level, Rohde and Schwarz demonstrate in…
Are you an IT engineer having trouble figuring out why the phones, computers and printer systems work but the networked video doesn’t? Or maybe you have 10-15 years of experience with video production equipment but really don’t understand why…
As the television business has become more global, and evolving consumer devices spawn the need for ever more formats, there has been an explosion of the number of versions that are needed for an item of content. The need to…