Dimetis Boss Broadcast Manager
Dimetis Boss Broadcast Manager provides a comprehensive management and control platform for the complex workflows of major television stations and networks.
Dimetis BOSS BROADCAST Manager is a comprehensive broadcast management and control software platform for monitoring, configuring, and controlling streaming facilities, multiplex centers, IPTV, Digital Video Broadcasting (DVB) and Advanced Television Systems (ATSC/HDTV). It is a true multi-vendor broadcast network management software application that can monitor a large number of devices independent of manufacturer and technology, while hiding the complexity from the user.
- New Configuration Management - Easier configuration of all components, metadata, and signals in the network by automated workflows.
- Event Scheduler - Scheduling and initiation of multiplex configuration changes upon event boundaries. This enables up to 18 services to be configured automatically and simultaneously.
- New Fault Management - The Error Correlation Engine automatically initiates a redundancy switching process in case of failure, in order to improve service quality. The improved root cause analysis provides robust troubleshooting.
- Inventory - Maintains real-time information of the entire broadcast network facility (both physical and logical).
- Activation Engine – Utilizes the configuration sequence from inventory and communicates with devices or respective element managers using different protocols. Activation can be triggered by the event scheduler or from fault management.
You might also like...
If an 8K content service from OTT providers like Amazon, Netflix and YouTube is ever going to be successful, and that’s still a hot topic of debate, new types of compression will have to be part of the solution. T…
Playout automation has been enabling fewer people to control more channels for decades but we’re not quite at the point where human interaction can be eliminated altogether. Since most linear broadcasters will either move to a software-based deployment for t…
Whether we’re routing signals or remotely operating equipment, the need for reliable system control is one of the most important aspects of a broadcast facility. But as we migrate to IP, some of the working practices we took for g…
CBC/Radio-Canada (CBC) is putting the finishing touches to a brand new all-IP broadcast facility that will provide virtually unlimited flexibility across multiple platforms to support highly efficient production and distribution workflows for its radio, TV and online programming.
You have two key choices for remote technologies: those that give you remote access into machines and devices at your facility or those based in the cloud. Depending on your needs it may be sensible to take a mixed approach.