Adobe partnered with systems from over 52 companies at its own booth.
NAB 2018 was an important show for Adobe Systems as they brought the power of Artificial Intelligence to their rapidly expanding post production systems.
Adobe's group product manager, Steve Forde, being interviewed by Jay Ankeney of The Broadcast Bridge.
“Powerful Alone, Unstoppable Together” was the theme for Adobe at the NAB Show 2018.
“We are bringing out a number of new technologies at this year’s NAB, with many of them converging to provide the right experience to the right user at the right time,“ Steve Forde, group product manager, products professional video and audio for Adobe told me on the floor of the South Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center.
Adobe's new Immersive Environment for editing VR/360 provide Responsive Design controls for time and position when designing motion graphics.
“For example, one that I like the best in Premiere Pro CC and After Effects CC is ‘Shot Matching’. It’s a new way for us to take Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning to let the system understand a color profile from one image and apply it to another. Shot Matching’ removes the tedious work from the creative process with a single click.”
Another function that comes from AI combined with Machine Learning is “Auto Ducking” in which, to cite just one example, the volume of audio elements behind a Voice Over are dipped to allow the spoken voice to come through. “We call this overall artificial intelligence and machine learning platform ‘Adobe Sensei’,” Forde said, “and it is an example of the AI that Adobe is bringing to NAB 2018”.
Other major announcements from Adobe at the NAB Show 2018 were:
- A major upgrade to their Creative Cloud service including new capabilities for refining color, creating graphics and crafting audio along with improved integration with Adobe Stock.
- A new Essential Graphics panel in Premiere Pro CC for working with motion graphics templates created in After Effects CC.
- A Master Properties feature in After Effects CC that lets the artist push individual values to all versions of a composition or pull selected changes back to the master.
- After Effects CC also has a new Advanced Puppet Engine that can create organic movements with drip pins to define motions within a dynamic mesh.
- You can now preview your Virtual Reality (VR) content with a head-mounted display in the Adobe Immersive Environment.
- axle Video's new Adobe Premiere Panel plug-in allows editors to browse, search and import from their media library, all while staying in the Premiere Pro CC application.
You might also like...
Virtual production based around LED walls involves a disparate collection of technologies, and the people best placed to get the best out of the technology are often multi-disciplinarians with experience across several fields.
As we saw earlier when discussing transform duality, when something happens on one side of a transform, we can predict through duality what to expect on the other side.
With fewer exhibits and smaller crowds, the 2022 NAB Show aisles were easier to navigate and exhibitors had more time to speak with visitors.
Many annual NAB Shows have become milestones in TV broadcasting history. The presence of the 2022 NAB Show marked the first Las Vegas NAB Show since 2019.
Here we dip a toe into spectrum analysis. The water’s warm.