Adobe partnered with systems from over 52 companies at its own booth.
NAB 2018 was an important show for Adobe Systems as they brought the power of Artificial Intelligence to their rapidly expanding post production systems.
Adobe's group product manager, Steve Forde, being interviewed by Jay Ankeney of The Broadcast Bridge.
“Powerful Alone, Unstoppable Together” was the theme for Adobe at the NAB Show 2018.
“We are bringing out a number of new technologies at this year’s NAB, with many of them converging to provide the right experience to the right user at the right time,“ Steve Forde, group product manager, products professional video and audio for Adobe told me on the floor of the South Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center.
Adobe's new Immersive Environment for editing VR/360 provide Responsive Design controls for time and position when designing motion graphics.
“For example, one that I like the best in Premiere Pro CC and After Effects CC is ‘Shot Matching’. It’s a new way for us to take Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning to let the system understand a color profile from one image and apply it to another. Shot Matching’ removes the tedious work from the creative process with a single click.”
Another function that comes from AI combined with Machine Learning is “Auto Ducking” in which, to cite just one example, the volume of audio elements behind a Voice Over are dipped to allow the spoken voice to come through. “We call this overall artificial intelligence and machine learning platform ‘Adobe Sensei’,” Forde said, “and it is an example of the AI that Adobe is bringing to NAB 2018”.
Other major announcements from Adobe at the NAB Show 2018 were:
- A major upgrade to their Creative Cloud service including new capabilities for refining color, creating graphics and crafting audio along with improved integration with Adobe Stock.
- A new Essential Graphics panel in Premiere Pro CC for working with motion graphics templates created in After Effects CC.
- A Master Properties feature in After Effects CC that lets the artist push individual values to all versions of a composition or pull selected changes back to the master.
- After Effects CC also has a new Advanced Puppet Engine that can create organic movements with drip pins to define motions within a dynamic mesh.
- You can now preview your Virtual Reality (VR) content with a head-mounted display in the Adobe Immersive Environment.
- axle Video's new Adobe Premiere Panel plug-in allows editors to browse, search and import from their media library, all while staying in the Premiere Pro CC application.
You might also like...
Saving dollars is one of the reasons broadcasters are moving to IP. Network speeds have now reached a level where real-time video and audio distribution is a realistic option. Taking this technology to another level, Rohde and Schwarz demonstrate in…
Working with older storage technology, here we mean small gauge film, is a challenge requiring special techniques. In this concluding segment of a three-part series, we examine image quality differences that may result in when transferring Super 8 and 8mm film…
IP video networks have created a new set of test and measurement challenges for broadcast engineers, especially with respect to managing network congestion.
A revolution in storytelling for TV, cinema, VR, and related forms of entertainment has just begun, enabled by artificial intelligence (AI). This computer-science and engineering-based technique, including machine learning, deep learning, language understanding, computer vision, and big data - is…
Content producers often prefer to shoot or record original content. Documentarians, on the other hand, typically must rely on material recorded by others that is often stored on film stock, Regular 8mm and Super 8mm being common formats. Working with…