AJA previewed a new HDR Image Analyzer they are developing with Colorfront during their Monday press conference.
AJA expanded its converter line at the 2018 NAB Show to include multiple HDR versions.
Nick Rashby, President of AJA Video Systems (left) being interviewed by Jay Ankeney, The Broadcast Bridge (right).
“AJA is 25 years old at this NAB 2018,” Nick Rashby, President of AJA Video Systems told the assembled press corps during their breakfast press conference in the Renaissance Hotel, “and I’m glad to say we are still growing and turning in great revenue maintaining our technology innovations and IP leadership.”
Although they had at least 10 major announcements, when I had the chance after the event to ask Rashby which was the most important, he responded, “It would start with our SMPE 2110 support, our new mini converter, the KONA IP, our new HDR (High Dynamic Range) tools, the image analyzer that we are developing with Colorfront, or the new firmware for the FS-HDR real time converter/frame synchronizer. It’s going to be a big show for us.”
Among the major AJA announcements are:
- New v2.5 firmware for the FS-HDR real time High Dynamic Range (HDR) and Wide Color Gamut (WCG) converter/frame synchronizer with Colorfront Engine video processing.
- v3.0 firmware for Ki Pro Ultra and Ki Pro Ultra Plus, adding Avid DNxHR codec support to the file-based 4K/UltraHD/2K/HD recording and playback devices.
- Two new compact 12G-SDI routers, KUMO 3232-12G and KUMO 1616-12G.
- Five new openGear-compatible video and audio rack cards, with support for Ross Video DashBoard software for remote control and monitoring.
- And a tech preview of AJA’s new HDR Image Analyzer with waveform, histogram, vectorscope and Nit-level HDR monitoring in a compact 1RU chassis they are developing with Colorfront.
You might also like...
The bewildering number of video and audio compression formats available is difficult for those new to the industry to come to terms with. For broadcast engineers and IT engineers to work effectively together, IT engineers must understand the formats used,…
To deliver efficient media solutions IT engineers must be able to communicate effectively with broadcast engineers. In this series of articles, we present the most important topics in broadcasting that IT engineers must understand. Here, we look at compression, why,…
The coming together of IT and broadcast brings with it a blurred and chaotic interface. As engineers dig deeper into the differences, it becomes apparent that there still is an important role for dedicated hardware.
AJA Video Systems is accepting orders for OG-X-FR, the next-generation openGear compatible rackframe including adaptive cooling and redundant power, among other features.
AJA Video Systems has released the Kona HDMI multi-channel HD/single-channel UltraHD HDMI capture card; Kona 1 3G-SDI capture/playback card; and the Io IP Thunderbolt-3 equipped video and audio I/O device. Simultaneously, AJA delivered Desktop Software v14.2, which introduces…