AJA previewed a new HDR Image Analyzer they are developing with Colorfront during their Monday press conference.
AJA expanded its converter line at the 2018 NAB Show to include multiple HDR versions.
Nick Rashby, President of AJA Video Systems (left) being interviewed by Jay Ankeney, The Broadcast Bridge (right).
“AJA is 25 years old at this NAB 2018,” Nick Rashby, President of AJA Video Systems told the assembled press corps during their breakfast press conference in the Renaissance Hotel, “and I’m glad to say we are still growing and turning in great revenue maintaining our technology innovations and IP leadership.”
Although they had at least 10 major announcements, when I had the chance after the event to ask Rashby which was the most important, he responded, “It would start with our SMPE 2110 support, our new mini converter, the KONA IP, our new HDR (High Dynamic Range) tools, the image analyzer that we are developing with Colorfront, or the new firmware for the FS-HDR real time converter/frame synchronizer. It’s going to be a big show for us.”
Among the major AJA announcements are:
- New v2.5 firmware for the FS-HDR real time High Dynamic Range (HDR) and Wide Color Gamut (WCG) converter/frame synchronizer with Colorfront Engine video processing.
- v3.0 firmware for Ki Pro Ultra and Ki Pro Ultra Plus, adding Avid DNxHR codec support to the file-based 4K/UltraHD/2K/HD recording and playback devices.
- Two new compact 12G-SDI routers, KUMO 3232-12G and KUMO 1616-12G.
- Five new openGear-compatible video and audio rack cards, with support for Ross Video DashBoard software for remote control and monitoring.
- And a tech preview of AJA’s new HDR Image Analyzer with waveform, histogram, vectorscope and Nit-level HDR monitoring in a compact 1RU chassis they are developing with Colorfront.
You might also like...
It was ten years ago, in the fall of 2012, that NBCUniversal opened a new international broadcast center in Stamford Connecticut, as the home for NBC Sports. It served as a way to consolidate its growing employee base and the production…
A discussion of how to create reliable, secure, high-bandwidth connectivity between multiple remote locations, your remote production hub, and distributed production teams.
An examination of how to plan & schedule resources to create resilient temporary multi-site broadcast production systems.
We discuss the roll out of ATSC 3.0 in the USA with Jerald Fritz, Executive Vice President for Strategic and Legal Affairs at ONE Media 3.0 - part of Sinclair Broadcast Group.
In television, ‘talent’ isn’t just the people in front of the camera. Everyone working at a station needs talent, dedication, initiative, and team spirit to succeed.