The AJA Image Analyzer simplifies monitoring and analysis of 4K/UltraHD/2K/HD, HDR and WCG content.
AJA Video Systems is offering a tech preview of its new HDR Image Analyzer at NAB 2018. A waveform, histogram, vectorscope and Nit level HDR monitoring solution, HDR Image Analyzer simplifies monitoring and analysis of 4K/UltraHD/2K/HD, HDR and WCG content in production, post, quality control (QC) and mastering.
The HDR Image Analyzer offers a flexible solution for monitoring and analyzing HDR formats including PQ (Perceptual Quantizer), Hybrid Log Gamma (HLG) and Rec.2020 for 4K/UltraHD workflows.
The new product is the second technology collaboration between AJA and Colorfront, following the successful integration of Colorfront Engine into AJA’s FS-HDR in 2017. Colorfront has exclusively licensed its Colorfront HDR Image Analyzer software to AJA for AJA’s HDR Image Analyzer.
Key feature highlights include:
- Precise, high quality UltraHD UI for native-resolution picture display
- Advanced out of gamut and out of brightness detection with error intolerance
- Support for SDR (Rec.709), ST2084/PQ and HLG analysis
- CIE graph, Vectorscope, Waveform, Histogram
- Out-of-gamut false color mode to easily spot out of gamut/out of brightness pixels
- Data analyzer with pixel picker
- SDI auto signal detection
- File base error logging with timecode
- Display and color processing look up table (LUT) support
- Line mode to focus a region of interest onto a single horizontal or vertical line
- Nit levels and phase metering
- Built-in support for color spaces from ARRI, Canon, Panasonic, RED and Sony
You might also like...
Most people are aware that any color can be mixed from red, green and blue light, and we make color pictures out of red, green and blue images. The relationship between modern color imaging and the human visual system was…
Broadcasters continue to see the benefits of IP and many are integrating piecemeal to build hybrid SDI-IP systems. At a first glance, monitoring of hybrid systems may seem to be just an extension of existing practices. However, the complex interaction…
A long chain of events is needed to see a color picture on a TV set. Only by considering every link in the chain can we strengthen any weak links.
Almost since photography has existed, people have pursued ways of modifying the picture after it’s been shot. The “dodge” and “burn” tools in Photoshop are widely understood as ways to make things brighter or darker, but it’s probably less widely…
Dealing with brightness in camera systems sounds simple. Increase the light going into the lens; increase the signal level coming out of the camera, and in turn increase the amount of light coming out of the display. In reality, it’s…