The AJA Image Analyzer simplifies monitoring and analysis of 4K/UltraHD/2K/HD, HDR and WCG content.
AJA Video Systems is offering a tech preview of its new HDR Image Analyzer at NAB 2018. A waveform, histogram, vectorscope and Nit level HDR monitoring solution, HDR Image Analyzer simplifies monitoring and analysis of 4K/UltraHD/2K/HD, HDR and WCG content in production, post, quality control (QC) and mastering.
The HDR Image Analyzer offers a flexible solution for monitoring and analyzing HDR formats including PQ (Perceptual Quantizer), Hybrid Log Gamma (HLG) and Rec.2020 for 4K/UltraHD workflows.
The new product is the second technology collaboration between AJA and Colorfront, following the successful integration of Colorfront Engine into AJA’s FS-HDR in 2017. Colorfront has exclusively licensed its Colorfront HDR Image Analyzer software to AJA for AJA’s HDR Image Analyzer.
Key feature highlights include:
- Precise, high quality UltraHD UI for native-resolution picture display
- Advanced out of gamut and out of brightness detection with error intolerance
- Support for SDR (Rec.709), ST2084/PQ and HLG analysis
- CIE graph, Vectorscope, Waveform, Histogram
- Out-of-gamut false color mode to easily spot out of gamut/out of brightness pixels
- Data analyzer with pixel picker
- SDI auto signal detection
- File base error logging with timecode
- Display and color processing look up table (LUT) support
- Line mode to focus a region of interest onto a single horizontal or vertical line
- Nit levels and phase metering
- Built-in support for color spaces from ARRI, Canon, Panasonic, RED and Sony
You might also like...
Signal transducers such as cameras, displays, microphones and loudspeakers handle information, ideally converting it from one form to another, but practically losing some. Information theory can be used to analyze such devices.
Connecting a camera in an SDI infrastructure is easy. Just connect the camera output to the monitor input, and all being well, a picture will appear. The story is very different in the IP domain.
The transform is a useful device that has some interesting characteristics. On one side of a transform we might have the spatial domain, for example data describing an image in terms of brightness as a function of position. On the…
Telestream, based in Nevada City, Calif. (with additional offices in Westwood, Mass,), is a privately held company that supports customers around the world in the Broadcast, Professional Video Production, Education, Corporate and Military market segments. The company is celebrating its 2…
In an increasingly digital world, it may be useful to look at the amount of data needed to represent various media. Note that the amount of data is being considered; the amount of information will always be somewhat less than…