Ownzones Media Network combines content, distribution and technology solutions.
Ownzones Media Network has introduced what it claims is the world’s fastest Interoperable Master Format (IMF) delivery platform.
In an effort to make IMF more commercially viable, Ownzones is also offering a Pay As You Go model, allowing companies and content owners the opportunity to distribute assets in the new SMPTE IMF format standard to destination points without upfront investments.
The first end-to-end IMF workflow, under the banner of Ownzones Connect, is delivered via cloud-based SaaS services and provides video collaboration features. To date, Ownzones Connect has delivered over 10,000 movies to destination points, including Apple TV, Amazon and Comcast.
“Ownzones has taken the digital distribution process to the cloud, providing increased efficiency due to a state-of-the-art, all-cloud workflow that is more scalable for faster processing at a lower cost,” said Dan Goman, CEO.
“The speed of our new solution is setting records in digital distribution, and it’s a first for the IMF industry,” said Aaron Sloman, CTO. “Traditional companies do their transcoding one job at a time and this takes all day. Ownzones Connect processes movies 40+ times faster than competing products and, using the power of the cloud, it can handle as many jobs a customer needs all at the same time. With our pricing, increased speed and scalable solution, we have eliminated the major impediments which have previously prevented companies from transitioning to IMF.
“With our cloud-based, SaaS platform, companies no longer have to pre-buy expensive software and overpriced specialized hardware. Clients only pay for the minutes they use.”
New features in Ownzones Connect include:
- SaaS – The cloud-based Ownzones Connect allows clients to only pay for what they use, accelerating the opportunity for companies, at any scale, to get up and running in no time, having their assets delivered in IMF. With this cloud-based platform, companies will no longer need to make huge capital expenditures for equipment. Through constant customer feedback, Ownzones Connect releases rich features and updates on a monthly basis.
- Accelerated Processing via Parallel Scaling Solution – Parallel architecture and cloud transcoding dramatically speeds up processing time. For instance, a high-quality major blockbuster film with a run time of 2 hours and 40 minutes can be processed in just 6 minutes.
- CPL Viewer/Editor in the Cloud – This feature enables companies to preview their movie versions for Quality Control and make ad insertions without having to first download massive files in order to perform these actions, improving quality control and use of resources. Ownzones says it will soon add a full browser-based CPL Editor which will allow for film editing and real-time viewing.
- Virtually Unlimited Storage – Ownzones Connect is a fully cloud-based system that allows for virtually unlimited storage of files. This is especially critical in the context of IMF, where file sizes are exceptionally large.
- Automated Quality Control – Through its Automated Ingestion feature, Ownzones Connect is able to identify over 90 percent of the common issues encountered in processing files and 20 percent of these issues can now be resolved with automation. This helps improve the quality and reduces the number of hours it takes to transcode and Quality Control a video.
The Interoperable Master Format is a SMPTE standard for providing a single, interchangeable master file format and structure for the distribution of content between businesses around the world. IMF provides a framework for creating a true file-based final master.
You might also like...
Today’s broadcast engineers face a unique challenge, one that is likely unfamiliar to these professionals. The challenge is to design, build and operate IP-centric solutions for video and audio content.
As the television business has become more global, and evolving consumer devices spawn the need for ever more formats, there has been an explosion of the number of versions that are needed for an item of content. The need to…
Moving from the luxury of dedicated point-to-point connectivity in favor of asynchronous, shared, and unpredictable IP networks may seem like we’re making life unnecessarily difficult for ourselves. However, there are compelling reasons to make the transition to IP. In t…
TV 2 DANMARK is the most popular commercial television network in Denmark and provides national channels including news and sports programming as well as multiple thematic channels. Faced with the need to move to a new technical facility, management decided that…
The standards for moving video over IP are all decided, right? Not yet. Even so, the innovation presents unprecedented opportunities and empowers broadcasters to deliver flexibility, scalability, and more efficient workflows. Consultant and The Broadcast Bridge technology editor, Tony Orme,…